Basic Bladesmithing Class!
Time & Location
About The Event
At the completion of this class, students will leave with a forged and rough ground Full Tang knife, ready for Heat Treatment. Students will Forge, Normalize, Anneal, and Rough Grind a Full Tang Knife
Instruction will cover:
- Types of Steel
- Parts of a Knife
- Steps in the Knife Making Process:
- Point, Taper, Pinch, Bevels, Tang
- Rough Grinding- Profile, Ricasso, Blade, & Tang
- 1st Stage Heat Treating: Normalizing & Annealing
Instructor: Ed Clarke, J.S.
***You will need to bring your own Respirator, and Safety Glasses in order to participate. This will be an intensive class and there will be a lunch break. This class is Private for 4 students only.
- Basic Knife Forging$170$170Sold Out